The Alpha Omega Alpha Executive and Selection committees announce the new faculty, alumni and house officers to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society Class of 2021.
AΩA is the honor medical society recognizing, advocating for, and inspiring physicians in the care of patients and promotion of health. Members may be elected throughout their career and epitomize professionalism, leadership, academic and clinical excellence, research, community service, and “being worthy to serve the suffering.”
As with all true honors, the honor of AΩA membership is accompanied by the responsibility to sustain the vision and goals of the society:
- Professionalism — To hold the conviction that professionalism in medicine is a worthy goal.
- Scholarship — To promote scholarship among medical professionals.
- Leadership — To set an example worth emulating.
- Service — To serve the medical profession and the community.
The WashU School of Medicine AΩA chapter also seeks individuals who demonstrate commitment to furthering diversity and inclusion in the medical profession. Additional information available on the AΩA website here.
Congratulations to all!
Newly Elected AOA Faculty
- Vikas Dharnidharka – Department of Pediatrics
- Dineo Khabele – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Robyn Klein – Director, Center for Neuroimmunology and Neuroinfectious Diseases; Department of Medicine; and Department of Pathology & Immunology
- Anna Miller – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Marc Moon – Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Jason Newland – Department of Pediatrics
- Tiffany Osborn – Department of Surgery, Section of Acute and Critical Care Surgery, and Department of Emergency Medicine
- Saiama Naheed Waqar – Department of Medicine, Oncology Division
- Dominique Williams – Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division
- Karen Winters – Department of Medicine, Division of General Medicine, and Director, Student/Occupational Health Services
Newly Elected AOA Alumni
- Laurin Council – Department of Medicine, Dermatology Division
Newly Elected AOA House Officers
- Sarah Berg – Department of Emergency Medicine
- Randall Brenneman – Department of Radiation Oncology
- Matt Brier – Department of Neurology
- Michael Daniel – Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology Division
- Ryan Day – Department of Medicine, Hematology-Oncology Division
- Brandon Drazich – Department of Emergency Medicine
- Cassandra Fritz – Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology Division
- Christian Guay – Department of Anesthesiology
- Mysti Harrison – Department of Neurology
- Michael Kramer – Department of Medicine, Hematology-Oncology Division
- Chien-Jung Lin – Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division
- Megan Oakes – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Roheena Panni – Department of Surgery
- Can Sungur – Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Division
- Mei San Tang – Department of Pathology & Immunology
- Joan Tankou – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Carla Valenzuela – Department of Otolaryngology
Alpha Omega Alpha Executive & Selection Committee
Dr. Diane Merritt, Past-Chair
Dr. Douglas Char, Chair
Dr. Angela L. Brown, Chair-Elect
Dr. Lisa Moscoso, Faculty Advisor
Dr. Allyson Zazulia, Councilor
Dr. Rajendra Apte, At-Large Member of Selection Committee
Dr. Dennis Chen, At-Large Member of Selection Committee
Dr. Damini Tandon, At-Large Member of Selection Committee
Angie MacBryde, Administrator