Education is a core value of the department and training the next generation of physicians and physician scientists is at the heart of each division.
Excellence in internal medicine requires the development of teaching skills and Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the primary teaching hospital for the Washington University School of Medicine.
The Division of Medical Education has six residency pathways, including:
- Categorical track
- Preliminary year
- Oliver Langenberg physician scientist training pathway
- Primary care
- Global health scholars
- Teaching physician
Weekly conference calendar
The Department of Medicine weekly conference schedule lists conferences, Grand Rounds and other related department events.
View fellowship opportunities for the following divisions/specialties:
- Clinical Research Training Center (CRTC): The CRTC is the educational core of the Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences that provides clinical and translational training for predoctoral students, house-staff, postdoctoral fellows, staff and junior faculty.
- Division of Medical Education: The division has six residency pathways, including: Categorical track, preliminary year, the Oliver Langenberg Physician Scientist Training Pathway (PSTP), primary care, global health scholars and teaching physician.
- Faculty Practice Plan (FPP) education and reference resources: This site provides information regarding education opportunities and materials to support employees involved in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Patient Financial Services (PFS) process.
- Genomics Tumor Board (pdf): This multidisciplinary board provides an educational and interactive forum for cancer case presentation, sequencing, analysis and therapeutic prediction.
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation (MSCI): The MSCI program is designed as a one to three year full- or part-time degree program for young investigators pursuing careers in clinical research.
- NIH Office of Extramural Research (OER): The OER provides guidance and resources to apply for, administer and manage NIH research grants.
- Visiting student information: Learn more about visiting student electives.