Many of us enjoyed a busy weekend at the Missouri ACP meeting at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Student Hari Raman W4 was presented with the ACP Clerkship Award and Eunhye Oak W3 was presented with the ACP Physical Diagnosis Award.
The Doctor’s Dilemma team of Taylor Geisman, Aisling Doyle, Andrew Jallouk, Chrstopher Tait, Hilary Dietz and Cliff Pruett (coached by Jonas Noe, Stephanie Velloze and Emily Fondahn) WON the state competition for the 3rd year in a row. They will go to the national ACP competition next April in Philadelphia.
Almost two dozen residents and students presented posters (full list is below) and we had multiple winners:
- Student Research – 1st PLACE – Mary Meng’ou Zhu W2 – Mutant U2AF1(Q157P) Expression Alters Pre-mRNA Splicing and Hematopoiesis
- Student Research – 3rd PLACE – Sarah Speck W2 – Impaired APT1-Driven Fibronectin Matrix Remodeling Contributes to Diabetic Vascular Disease
- Student Clinical Vignette – 1st PLACE – Jeffrey Cheuk Ho Choi W4 – A stressful stress test: Takotsubo cardiomyopathy as a rare complication of exercise treadmill testing
- Student Clinical Vignette – 2nd PLACE – Kai Jones W4 – Proteus mirabilis Periesophageal Abscess Presenting as Progressive Dysphagia and Weight Loss
- Resident Research – 1st PLACE – Joseph Rimando – DRB1 and DQB1 Epitope Mismatch Are Associated with Delayed Neutrophil and Platelet Engraftment, Respectively, in Peripheral Blood T-Cell Replete Haploidentical Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
Everyone represented Washington University well, both personally and professionally, and we are so proud of your work!
Please plan to join us for next year’s meeting: September 19-22, 2019.
List of all posters
- Cheuk Ho Jeffrey Choi – A stressful stress test: Takotsubo cardiomyopathy as a rare complication of exercise treadmill testing
- Kai Jones – Proteus mirabilis Periesophageal Abscess Presenting as Progressive Dysphagia and Weight Loss
- Elizabeth Kim – Inflammatory Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm with Unilateral Hydroureteronephrosis Presenting as Abdominal Discomfort and Hypertension
- Sarah Speck – Impaired APT1-Driven Fibronectin Matrix Remodeling Contributes to Diabetic Vascular Disease
- Jaclyn Yu – Primary systemic amyloidosis presenting as new onset heart failure
- Meng’ou (Mary) Zhu – Mutant U2AF1(Q157P) Expression Alters Pre-mRNA Splicing and Hematopoiesis
- Jordan Amar – A Novel Cause of Parkinsonism: K2-induced toxic leukoencephalopathy with extrapyramidal dysfunction
- Alexis Bayudan – “Crack Lung”: A Great Mimic
- Devin Cash – Metformin-induced lactic acidosis in a patient with CKD and suspected NSAID induced AKI
- Hilary Dietz – 29-year-old male with ataxia-telangiectasia and rheumatoid arthritis presents with new lymphocytosis.
- Nicole Foley – Acquired factor VIII inhibitor associated with monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance.
- Taylor Geisman – An Unusual Cause of Headache in Missouri
- Katherine Hemingway – Acute Megakaryoblastic Leukemia: An Uncommon Cause of Thrombocytosis
- Errol Inci – Presentation and discussion of Idiopathic Giant Cell Myocarditis in an Adult Female
- Andrew Jallouk – Atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome in a Patient with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Jason Liu – A case of classic polyarteritis nodosa with delayed diagnosis and multiorgan ischemia
- Shiyuan Liu – Cerebral aspergillosis within new tumor site presents as incidental new brain lesion in patient receiving temozolomide for glioblastoma multiforme
- Devan Patel – Ascites in Post-Operative Hepatic Failure after Hepatectomy
- Joseph Rimando – DRB1 and DQB1 Epitope Mismatch Are Associated with Delayed Neutrophil and Platelet Engraftment, Respectively, in Peripheral Blood T-Cell Replete Haploidentical Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- Elaine Shao – Pituitary metastasis from renal cell carcinoma presenting as adrenal crisis and panhypopituitarism
- Michael Slade – Rat Bite Fever Masquerading as Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Andrea Soares – Superimposed pneumonia on rheumatoid arthritis associated interstitial lung disease