We are so pleased you are considering WashU for the next step in your medical education!
To help you better assess whether WashU and St. Louis is a great fit for you, we are excited to offer an optional open house for potential fellowship candidates in the Department of Medicine.
This department-sponsored event is designed to provide fellowship candidates with the opportunity to discover St. Louis and the WashU Medical School campus, learn about the many resources available to support trainees during their fellowship education, and hear from current fellows about their personal and professional experiences.
Our Commitment to You
Participation in our Open House is completely optional. It is not a part of the interview process and has no bearing on ranking for individual programs. We have taken the following steps to ensure that your decision to join or not join does not impact the selection process:
- All Program Directors, Associate Program Directors, Division Chiefs, and Program Coordinators have been asked to abstain from participation in the event
- Participating programs have been asked to certify their NRMP rank list by Sunday, November 5th
- Event registration is being managed by the centralized DOM Office of Education, and programs will not be provided with information regarding which applicants choose to attend
- Division-specific activities are reserved until the end of the day and are completely optional for attendees
Julie Byington, C-TAGME, Administrative Coordinator (email@example.com)
|9:00 am||Welcome from the Chair|
|9:10 am||Department and Institutional Resources|
|10:40 am||Living in St. Louis|
|11:00 am||St. Louis Trolley Tour|
|1:00 pm||Lunch & Open Forum with Fellows|
|2:00 pm||Campus Tour|
|2:45 pm||Division Breakouts (optional)|
|3:15 pm||Division Tours (optional)|
Guests will fly into St. Louis Lambert International Airport, located at 10701 Lambert International Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63145. The airport code is STL.
Guests arriving by plane have the option of taking the Metrolink light rail directly from the airport to the WashU medical campus. Tickets are $2.50 each way, and routes run approximately every 20 minutes. Guests should exit the Metrolink at the Central West End station.
On-campus parking is available at a rate of $15/day for guests that plan to drive. Please indicate if you will need parking on the registration form.
The Department of Medicine is unable to offer funding to event participants to subsidize the costs of travel or lodging. By registering for this event, candidates acknowledge that they will be responsible for all costs related to travel, including but not limited to flights, ground transportation, hotel stays, parking, and meals outside of those provided during the event.
Group rates are being offered at the DoubleTree by Hilton St. Louis Forest Park, which is conveniently located on our medical center campus. To access the discounted rate, guests should use the link listed below, or mention they are with “DOM Fellowship Open House” when booking by phone.
- Rates are available through October 24, 2023. If booking after this date, please call the hotel directly to inquire about availability.
- Guests that plan to arrive earlier than Sunday 11/5 should call the hotel sales manager directly to book additional days (if available) at the discounted rate.
- Richelle Tirone, Director of Sales: 314-256-7704
DoubleTree by Hilton St. Louis Forest Park (Formerly Parkview Hotel)
4550 Forest Park Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63108
The hotel offers complimentary breakfast. Parking is $15/night.