The COVID pandemic created tremendous adversity for many individuals, communities, and healthcare systems. Many of our faculty, fellows, residents, and staff were instrumental in helping the Department thrive despite these challenges.
The Department of Medicine (DOM) is seeking nominations to recognize outstanding individuals for our Department of Medicine COVID Pandemic Awards in three categories:
- Faculty (COVID Star Award)
- Trainees (COVID Rising Star Award)
- Staff (COVID Unsung Hero Award)
See details for nomination letters below
- Individuals who made important contributions during the first three years of the COVID pandemic (3/2020 – 4/2023).
- Nominees may include any DOM full- or part-time faculty, fellow, resident, or staff.
- Self-nomination is allowed.
- Individuals may nominate more than one individual in each of the categories.
- Evidence of excellence, service, and dedication at WUSM or BJC Healthcare during the COVID pandemic in any applicable capacity. (examples may include: clinical, research, education, operations, community service, interdisciplinary collaboration, diversity, equity, inclusion initiatives, administration, safety, quality, infection prevention, public health)
- Nomination letters should include the specific category (Faculty, Trainee, or Staff) and a description of how the nominee provided exceptional service during the COVID pandemic.
- Letters should be two pages or less in length.
A recognition ceremony will take place later in summer 2023.
The deadline for submitting nominations is June 30, 2023. Please email your nomination letters to Jen Mosher (firstname.lastname@example.org).