Forum for LGBTQIA
OUTMed is an organization for LGBTQ-identified faculty, residents, fellows and staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
OUTMed is supported by the Department of Medicine, and is open to members of the entire School of Medicine, regardless of departmental affiliation.
Our goals include:
- Increasing visibility of the LGBTQ community at Washington University School of Medicine
- Fostering networking and mentoring relationships for LGBTQ students, faculty, residents and staff
- Facilitating communication among members of the Washington University School of Medicine interested in LGBTQ-related healthcare and research topics
Are you a current member of the School of Medicine interested in staying up-to-date on OUTMed events? Join our mailing list:
Are you looking at Washington University School of Medicine for residency, fellowship, or employment and interested in finding out more about our LGBTQ community? Contact Jen Mosher at email@example.com.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital are proud to be designated a 2016 Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
- March 11, 2017: LGBTQ Med/OUTmed cocktail party
- March 22, 2017: BRIDGE Happy Hour
- April 5, 2017: LGBTQ Professional Women’s Panel
- April 25, 2017: BRIDGE Happy Hour
- June 25, 2017: PrideFest STL
The John T. Milliken Department of Medicine is proud to be an equality corporate sponsor of PrideFest 2017.
March with us in the Pride parade on June 25, 2017!
OUTlist and ALLYlist
The OUTlist is a listing of Washington University School of Medicine faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and graduate and medical students who identify as members of the LGBTQ community.
The ALLYlist is a listing of Washington University School of Medicine faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and graduate and medical students who identify as allies who support LGBTQ rights and equality.
The OUTlist and ALLYlist were started by LGBTQ Med, the medical student group, and OUTMed, the faculty, trainee and staff group.
To join, please select and fill out the appropriate form below.
- Ina Amarillo, PhD – Assistant Professor, Division of Laboratory and Genomic Medicine, Department of Pathology and Immunology
- Michael Bebbington, MD – Professor, Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Thomas De Fer, MD – Professor, Division of Medical Education, Department of Medicine
- Julianne Donnelly, MD – Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care
- Alan Glass, MD – Assistant Vice Chancellor for Students and Director of the Habif Health and Wellness Center
- Christopher Lewis, MD – Fellow, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics
- Julia Lopez, PhD – Clinical Research Specialist, Division of Clinical Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Colleen McNicholas, DO – Assistant Professor, Division of Family Planning, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Kenan Omurtag, MD – Assistant Professor, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Joe Pangelinan, PhD – Assistant Professor, Director of Cultural Awareness and Diversity, Department of Medicine
- Kara Sternhell-Blackwell, MD – Assistant Professor, Division of Dermatology, Director of OUTmed, Department of Medicine
- Chelsea Bayer, MD – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Zach Nahmias, MD – Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine
- Jodi Thole, RN – Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine
- Erin Klein, MS2 – Washington University School of Medicine
Resources and links
Washington University resources
- LGBTQ Med – Washington University’s MD student group
- Becker Medical Library LGBT Resource Guide
- Diversity and Inclusion at Washington University
- Diversity and Inclusion at Washington University School of Medicine
National healthcare organization resources
- GLMA – Health Professional’s Advancing LGBT Equality (previously known as the Gay & Lesbian Medical Association)
- WPATH – World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- AAMC Sexual and Gender Minority Health Resources
- AMA Resources for an LGBTQ-inclusive medical practice
- Women in Medicine